I am probably about 2 weeks late, but I did it. I started my seeds indoors. I am so excited. I just want to stare at them and wait for them to grow.
This is what I have so far:
(yes, I am probably a little ambitious for my first year starting seeds indoors..but what the h*ll)
Tomatoes
yellow pear (heirloom)
red cherry (heirloom)
brandywine (heirloom)
celebrity
super sweet 100
Veggies
arugula
zucchini
green peppers
colored peppers
cauliflower
sugar pumpkins (heirloom)
bush beans
cucumber
beet
sugar snap peas
corn
radish
Herbs
rosemary
lavender
dill
thyme
basil
spearmint
cilantro
chamomile
Flowers
canna (these are not from seed..i have 24 rhizomes for them to plant whenever it gets warm-love these!!)
sunflower
shasta daisy
poppies
nasturtium
cosmos
zinnia
marigold
calendula
coneflower (one of my favorites)
black-eyed susans
Grasses
bunny tails
blue fescue
Phew! Hopefully when I add all of this to what I did last year, I will have a lush backyard and full edible garden too. It is all an experiment, and I am sure some won't make it, but if they do I will have loads to share.
Our front yard was already landscaped when we moved in, so it is the backyard I have been working on. Last fall we had huge areas cut out and tons of shrubs and trees put in, and just this last week, we finally filled those areas with mulch. We spent 2 days, getting a massive truckload of mulch from the driveway to the backyard with a wheel barrel and a pitchfork. I don't want to have to shovel mulch for a long time!!
And I know it sounds bad, but we had out apple tree cut down. An apple tree sounds idyllic in theory, but unless you are prepared to spray it with pesticides and keep up with picking over a hundred of apples on a daily basis...it brings mice and a fruit fly extravaganza to the yard and the house (no mice in the house so far...knock on wood...but they were in the garage). But in place of my act of green-icide...I planted 40 bushes, shrubs and perennials last fall during our landscaping mission. I hope this makes up for it somewhat.
I am so ready for spring!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment