Saturday, November 15, 2008

Linguine with Salmon and Arugula

This is a recipe I used to make a lot pre-baby, but I have recently resurrected it.  

It is a pretty quick recipe and great when having guests over.  It basically takes as long as the pasta does to cook.  I would make sure your water is almost ready before you start the sauce, because once the sauce is done, you wont to serve it right away.

2 T butter
2 T olive oil
2 shallots, minced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 1/3 C dry white wine
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 t dried marjoram
1 3/4 salmon, skinless and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 cups loosely packed arugula
2 T drained capers
1 T chopped fresh basil
1 T chopped fresh parsley

12 ounces linguine (I have also made this with bow tie pasta)

Melt butter with olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.

Add shallots and garlic, saute 3 minutes.

Add tomatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.

Add wine, lemon and marjoram, simmer 5 minutes.

Add salmon and simmer until almost cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.

Add arugula, capers and fresh herbs to salmon mixture.  Simmer until salmon is cooked through and arugula is just wilted, about 2 minutes.

Once pasta is al denté, drain the pasta, return to pot, and add the salmon mixture.

Serve warm.  Enjoy!

No comments: