Saturday, November 15, 2008

Apple Crisp

This is a super easy dessert and perfect to use to bribe little ones to finish their dinner...or at least to sit at the table.

I will get this ready before dinner, and then put it in the over to cook while we are eating.

Heat oven to 375'

4 cups sliced apples
2 T sugar (I use raw)
1 T fresh lemon juice
--------------
1/3 cup flour
1 cup oats (do not use steel cut here)
1/2 cup brown sugar
--------------
1/3 cup butter, melted

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the next 3.  Add the melted butter and stir until coated.

Pour apples in a baking dish, pour the other mixture on top.  I usually stir to combine a little once in the dish.

Bake for 35 minutes.

I like serving it with vanilla ice cream.  Martin liked it with plain yogurt.  It is even good plain =)

No comments: