Sunday, October 19, 2008

Grilled apple & gorgonzola sandwich

I just made this for lunch today, and it is so yummy. I actually found the recipe in this month's issue of Southern Living.



I probably made mine a little thick. Southern Living actually used this recipe as thinner appetizer sandwiches...but I couldn't resist piling it on for a hearty lunchtime meal.

1 pkg cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 4-oz. pkg gorgonzola crumbles.
1 T honey
(the recipe added roasted chopped walnuts as well, but I am not a fan of walnuts, so I left it out)

thinly sliced apples
arugula
sliced bread (I used whole wheat)

Mix the cream cheese, gorgonzola, honey in a bowl, and season with pepper. Spread a T on each slice of bread. Add sliced apples, and a handful of arugula.

Grill in a griddle or a pan.

Eat....so good!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

This seriously looks like something out of a magazine! I can't wait to try it. Yum.