Friday, October 17, 2008

Post-apple picking deliciousness!

Last weekend we went to our favorite apple orchard, where we have gone for the last 4 Octobers..even before Zoë was born.




And I made these yummy treats today.  I can't get enough!!


Now, I have to think up lots of ways to use our apples. So far, I have made the treats above, and apple bread, where I used my zucchini bread recipe, but substituted shredded apples for zucchini. It came out delicious. I think next will be one of our favorite breakfasts of a huge apple pancake, and may some apple cobbler, apple pie....I am up for suggestions :)

I also read this great sandwich idea in this month's Southern Living, about making a spread with cream cheese and gorgonzola, and putting it on bread with apple slices and arugula. I bought the gorgonzola today, so I will try that this weekend as well.

No comments: