Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nasturtiums gone wild!


It is now the end of the season for my tomatoes, and wow, they did great! I started them from seed, and now they are massive, with hundreds of unripe tomatoes still waiting to ripen.

Meanwhile, the nasturtiums I planted from seed have gone completely wild! Interestingly, I plants the same seeds in some of my containers on the deck, and they really did not do much...but the seeds I threw into the ground are quite impressive!

You can see my unruly tomatoes as well:


The nasturtiums have completely covered up part of the path as well:


To compare this to how my tomatoes and veggie garden started out as, look here - early veggie garden.




I am sad the season is coming to an end, and I am going to have to go back to actually buying mass-produced tomatoes at the store.  It was great while it lasted.  And during the season's height, I was picking 20-30 tomatoes a day!

Being that I started them from seed indoors when it was still freezing and snowing outside, I felt really attached to them...my little tomato babies.  I look forward to doing it again next year!

No comments: