Saturday, January 12, 2008

Favorite Oatmeal Cookies

This is the most-favored cookies recipe in our house. And this recipe came straight from under the lid of the Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oats.

Heat oven to 350'

2 sticks butter
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar (I use raw)
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
--------------------
1 1/2 C flour (I use 1/2 white, 1/2 whole wheat)
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
--------------------
3 C quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 C raisins (I use dried cranberries, or you can completely omit)

1. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.

2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.

3. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon; mix well.

4. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.

5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookies sheet.

6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.

7. Cool 1 minute on cookies sheet; remove to cooling rack.

This makes almost 5 dozen for me!

No comments: