We eat tofu a lot here, and I usually cook it the same way, and add it to whatever I am making...Thai green curry, and Indian dish, stir-fry, etc... Even Martin loves it this way. And Zoë gobbles it up.
1 package firm or extra firm tofu (I use non-GMO)
3 T soy sauce
3 T dry vermouth (it will be OK without this, but I love it)
Drain the tofu, and slice into 4 slices longways. Place them on two paper towels, and then cover with 2 more paper towels, and set a bowl on top to soak up the liquid...about 5 min.
Cut into 1/2 inch cubes, or whatever size you want.
Toss in a bowl with the soy sauce and vermouth.
Let sit in the fridge for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
Heat a pan, or wok pan with some olive oil on medium heat, add the tofu with a slotted spoon to not get all the liquid in there...cook until the sides brown and start to get crunchy. Or until it seems like you wan tot eat it :)
Sometimes I turn the heat up a bit more to get it to cook faster. Takes about 20 min.
I then add this whatever I am cooking, and tastes really yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment